AirPods Pro (2nd generation).
if they received you AppleThe new second generation AirPods Pro as a holiday gift, you did well. These new AirPods were my favorite device Apple launched this year. If you’re new to AirPods, or if you’re on an older generation, there are plenty of new features you’ll want to take advantage of with these headphones.
Here are some AirPods Pro tips and tricks to get you started.
There’s a speaker built into the new AirPods Pro that plays a sound so you can locate them.
- Open the Find My app.
- Tap on the name of your AirPods (mine say AirPods Pro by Sofia).
- Tap Play Sound to help you find them.
- You can also see the location of your AirPods on a map by tapping Find My.
The new AirPods Pro come with a MagSafe charging case. This means you can simply place your AirPods on a MagSafe wireless charging pad and your earphones will start charging. They can also be charged with an Apple Watch charger. Simply place your case face up on the Apple Watch charger to charge.
Now you can charge AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with your Apple Watch charger.
Touch control on the new Pros lets you turn the volume down or up by slightly sliding up or down on the AirPods stem.
When your finger is on the AirPods stem, you’ll feel an area where the material is no longer slippery but rather jagged. That is the pad where you will slide up or down to control the volume. This is great for when you’re listening to something while working out or cleaning and don’t have easy access to your phone to control the volume.
You can switch between noise cancellation mode, which blocks out a lot of outside noise, and transparency mode, which amplifies some noise around you. The transparency mode of the new AirPods Pro is better than the previous generation. You can hear more of what’s going on around you.
To change your AirPod settings on your iPhone:
- Open configuration.
- Tap the name of your AirPods, which will appear at the top of the menu.
- Toggle between Noise Cancellation Off or Transparency Mode.
Noise cancellation and transparency settings for AirPods Pro (2nd generation).
When you open up your new AirPods, you’ll notice that there are a few different sizes of ear tips. To make sure you are using the correct ones, you can perform a fit test.
- Open configuration.
- Touch Ear Tip Fit Test.
- Press Continue.
- Place your AirPods in both ears for a comfortable fit. It is best to do this test in a quiet environment.
- Press the Play button.
- The music will play for a few seconds and then you will receive the results that will let you know if you have a good seal.
Those two silver holes on the side of your case are another nifty feature that will help make sure you don’t lose your new AirPods. He can attach a lanyard to these holes so you can wear your AirPods on your wrist or even around your neck. The lanyards are not included, so you will have to buy them separately. Here’s a couple on Amazon.
Connecting two AirPods to one device It doesn’t just work for the new AirPods. You can try this trick with any generation of AirPods, and it’s great for vacation trips. Imagine that your two children want to watch the same movie on the iPhone or iPad, each using their own set of AirPods.
Two AirPods connected to an iPhone
Sofia Pitt | CNBC
Here’s how to connect two headphones to an Apple device:
- Connect your AirPods or Beats to your iOS device and start playing the content you’re looking forward to sharing.
- Tap the AirPlay button in Control Center on your iPhone or iPad, on the lock screen, or in the app you’re using to view content or stream music.
- Tap Share Audio.
- If you’re sharing with someone who has AirPods or AirPods Pro, ask them to store their AirPods inside the case and open the lid while you’re near your Apple device. If the person you’re sharing with has AirPods Max, they don’t need to be inside the case. If you’re sharing with a Beats user, put those Beats in share mode and keep them close to your device.
- You should see your friend or family member’s headphones on your screen.
- Tap Share Audio again.
That’s it! To stop sharing content, simply tap the checkmark next to the headset you want to disconnect.