Chiefs vs. Texans Thursday Injuries: Kadarius Toney limited again
Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs publish an official injury report before the next game. This week, the Chiefs are on their way to play the houston texans Sunday at noon, arrowhead time.
Here’s the Chiefs’ final injury report for the week, including the official game designations.
|patrick mahomes||Quarterback||Right hand||FP||FP||FP||–|
|Derek Stingley Jr.||BC||Hamstring||DNP||DNP||DNP||OUTSIDE|
|Laremy Tunsil||Old Testament||Illness||DNP||FP||FP||–|
|Troy Hairston||full board||Chest||FP||FP||FP||–|
- The Chiefs have listed only two players as questionable for their game against the Houston Texans: wide receiver Kadarius Toney (hamstring) and defensive tackle Chris Jones (illness).
- Toney hasn’t played since Week 11 when he strained his hamstring. He got limited he practices all week, so it’s not clear if this will be the week.
- Head coach Andy Reid on Toney: “We’ll see how he did today and where we go from there.”
- Reid added that there is no worries for quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who was listed on the injury report with a “right hand” problem this week. Reid confirmed that the quarterback’s right thumb was tender, but he’s thrown all week. It appears Mahomes’ status on the injury report was simply out of an abundance of caution.
- Jones fell ill on Friday, his only missed practice of the week. Newcomer Brandon Williams may see more time against the Texans if Jones can’t play.
- Defensive back Nazeeh Johnson (hamstring), who was limited Wednesday is Good to go against the Texans. Defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi (Achilles), who was added to the injury report Thursday, is also Good to go.
- As a reminder: Wide receiver Mecole Hardman practiced for the third straight day but remains on injured reserve, so Kansas City doesn’t have to include him on the report. Reid said he is moving away from Hardman returning this week.
- On the Texans side, wide receiver Brandin Cooks (calf) was thought to be available for Sunday’s game after being promoted to a limited practice on Thursday, but it has now been declared outside for the game. Wide receiver Nico Collins (foot) is also outside – so for another week, Houston will be without its best wide receivers.
- Other significant players who are outside for Sunday: running back Dameon Pierce (ankle), cornerback Steven Nelson (foot), cornerback Derek Stingley Jr. (hamstring) and defensive tackle Taylor Stallworth (calf).
- Guard Kenyon Green (ankle) will not dress for the game after returning to be limited in practice on Friday. Guard Justin McCray (hamstring) was demoted to limited Friday, and now it’s questionable for the game.
For Thursday’s injury report, Click here.